Excel is a powerful spreadsheet software that can help you organize, analyze, and present data in a variety of ways. One of the best ways to boost your productivity when using Excel is to take advantage of keyboard shortcuts, which can save you time and make it easier to navigate the program. In this article, we will take a look at 20 Excel shortcuts that will help you work faster and more efficiently.
- Ctrl + N: Create a new workbook.
- Ctrl + O: Open an existing workbook.
- Ctrl + S: Save the current workbook.
- Ctrl + W: Close the current workbook.
- Ctrl + Z: Undo the last action.
- Ctrl + Y: Redo the last action.
- Ctrl + X: Cut the selected cells.
- Ctrl + C: Copy the selected cells.
- Ctrl + V: Paste the copied or cut cells.
- Ctrl + B: Bold the selected text.
- Ctrl + I: Make the selected text Italic.
- Ctrl + U: Underline the selected text.
- Ctrl + F: Open the Find and Replace dialog box.
- Ctrl + P: Open the Print dialog box.
- Ctrl + A: Select all the cells in the worksheet.
- Ctrl + T: Create a new tab in the workbook.
- Ctrl + Shift + >: Increase the font size.
- Ctrl + Shift + <: Decrease the font size.
- Ctrl + Shift + *: Show or hide the gridlines in the worksheet.
- Ctrl + Tab: Switch between open workbooks.
By using these shortcuts, you can save time and increase your productivity when working with Excel. It’s worth noting that some of these shortcuts may not work on certain devices or with certain versions of Excel, but they should work in most cases. Take some time to familiarize yourself with these shortcuts and make them part of your regular workflow, you will soon find that they will become second nature and you’ll be working faster and more efficiently in no time.
Additionally, you can explore other shortcuts such as:
Ctrl + Shift + #: format the selected cells as a number
Ctrl + ;: Insert the current date
Ctrl + Shift + :: Insert the current time
Ctrl + Shift + $: format the selected cells as currency
Ctrl + Shift + %: format the selected cells as percentage
Ctrl + Shift + ^: format the selected cells as scientific notation
Ctrl + Shift + @: format the selected cells as time
Ctrl + Shift + !: format the selected cells as date
Ctrl + Shift + &: Apply or remove the outline border to the selected cells.
These shortcuts will help you navigate and format your excel sheet efficiently and save you time.