If your computer freezes or crashes when you try to install the AMD Crimson Display Adapter Driver, here are some tips which may help you to install the driver.
Follow these steps to fix the AMD installer freezes or crashes:
- Uninstall all AMD drivers from Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs.
- Use the Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all the AMD driver files (use the safe mode option). You can download DDU from the official website here http://www.wagnardsoft.com/
- Now try to install the AMD display driver.
- If it still crashes or freezes then run msconfig and start Windows 10 in safe mode, now try to install the driver from here.
- If the installer still freezes in safe mode then continue to step 6.
- While still in safe mode, type Device Manager in Windows search, go to Display Adapters in Device Manager, right-click with the mouse on the display adapter name and select Update Driver Software…
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software… and select this path C:\AMD\<Your display driver name and version>\Packages\Drivers\Display
- If the driver was installed successful without any crash or freeze then run msconfig again and select normal startup instead of safe mode.
- After Windows will restart in normal mode now you can install the driver normally. It should not freeze anymore because the driver is already installed and it will try to install the other AMD setting files.