When you buy a new router it’s best to change the admin password and the WiFi password in order to keep your connection secure and avoid other people connect to your WiFi and using your bandwidth. In order to change your router’s WiFi Password please follow these steps:
- Open your browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or any other browser of your choice, including mobile browsers on smartphones).
- Make sure your router is connected to your computer via cable or WiFi.
- Type in this address 192.168.1.1 and hit enter, this address works with most routers, however if this IP address is not found then enter 192.168.0.1
Here are some standard router addresses which you can try 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1, or 10.0.1.1 (Apple).
In this example we will use an Asus Router, for other routers the steps are similar.
- Click on Wireless menu option
- Go to Pre-Shared Key and set your password then click Apply