OneDrive is Microsoft’s service for hosting your files into a “personal cloud”.
In Windows 10, OneDrive is a part of the entire OS, being installed and enabled by default and having a OneDrive folder in the File Explorer. There’s no regular way to uninstall OneDrive! If you want to manually remove or disable the OneDrive application, disable the OneDrive folder from the navigation pane, you can’t! Windows 10 does not let you to remove it in any way, even from Programs and Features or Control Panel.
Here are some tricks you can do to help you to remove OneDrive from Windows 10:
- Press Win + R (Run) —> Type GPedit.msc and press Enter (this will open the Local Group Policy Editor)
- Go to Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> OneDrive
- In the right pane, double-click on policy named Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage
- Select the Enabled button
- Click OK —> And you’re done.
Now OneDrive si completely disabled, hidden from Explorer and prevented from running in background.