We cannot call this application but a mallware, it’s behaviour is just like a mallware. The raptr_ep64.exe process is starting many times and it monitors itself, if you try to kill one process the other one starts it again. This process also causes system instability and hang-ups, and sometimes you get an error at Windows Shutdown and it hangs-up. Even though it’s name is raptr_ep64.exe the process is a 32-bit process and it’s seems a dangerous application which elevates other processes to admin rights.
Where this raptr_ep64.exe comes from? When you install games it is automatically installed as part of games, but it’s aggressive system takeover is unacceptable!
So how do your remove it from your computer? Try the following steps:
- Uninstall Raptr application from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
- Download Sysinternals Process Explorer from here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
- Open Process Explorer and find the raptr_ep64.exe processes then right click with the mouse button on each then select Suspend or select all and right-click then suspend.
- After you have suspended all the raptr_ep64.exe processes, right-click with your mouse and choose Kill. After you have killed all the raptr_ep64.exe processes then go to step 5.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Raptr in 32-bit Windows or C:\Program Files (x86)\Raptr in 64-bit Windows and delete all files including the raptr_ep64.exe file.
After you have removed the process it is recommended that you run a registry clean with WinSysClean