Canon EOS R the first Canon full frame mirrorless is comes with many new nice features and some bad design features. Here is a quick list of the good and the bad features of Canon EOS R.
- Amazing fast and accurate Dual Pixel AF Video focusing and good photo focusing.
- Sharp RF lenses, lighter than EF-S equivalents.
- Optional EF lens adapter with drop-in CPL and ND filter.
- Excellent 1080p video quality with C-log.
- Lightweight magnesium alloy body (660 grams), durable, and features dust- and water-resistant seals for use in a variety of weather conditions.
- The best body grip in a mirrorless camera, it also includes an optional grip (which is not offered by all the competitors).
- It comes with LP-E6N rechargeable lithium-ion battery which you can use from your older canon cameras.
- High resolution and excellent quality 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder.
- Very easy to use menus, just like any other Canon cameras.
- It includes a customizable lens ring (not found on any other competitor cameras).
- Rotated LCD screen which is very useful for filming, vlogging and even for landscape,product and macro photography.
- No Sensor In Body Image Stabilization, both Sony and Nikon has it. EOS R has only a digital 5 way image stabilization.
- No Optical Image Stabilization for most of their current RF Lenses!
- No 4K video with 60fps (only 30fps).
- 1080p is limited to 60fps compared to 120fps from competitors.
- 4K video is cropped to 1.7x which will use only a small part of the sensor and a smaller part of the lens!
- Single memory card slot.
- No continuous eye focus.
- Only Up to 8 fps continuous shooting at 30.3 MP for up to 47 Frames in Raw Format (compared to competitors which have over 10fps).
- Not many RF native lens are available yet for the EOS R mount system.
As you can see there are not many bad things to say about Canon EOS, it is a very good mirroless camera, but it’s a shame that Canon which have some of the best optical stabilization in their lenses, most of the new RF lenses does not have optical image stabilization!